Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Raptures over the fall

Although I'm sorry to miss Keith's birthday today (my girls had better get a cake to our house today!) I am having a great day. I flew to Baltimore this morning in order to help my oldest daughter Melissa drive down to Florida with Remi and Elliot (my grandchildren) tonight so they can join us for Jennifer's wedding. So, this is the ultimate in short visits. Plus, we're going to do it all over again on Monday in reverse.

It's cool up here!!! Yay! The leaves have changed color and the air is dry and cool. (I can tell because I get a static electric shock every time I touch something.) I forgot how much I love the fall in the north.

Flight was great. On time. Smooth. Beautiful skies. Easily got through both terminals. Boy, that doesn't happen too often.

Florida is a great place, but I have really missed the climate here. The Canadian in me comes out this time of year. By December I want to turn off the air conditioner!

Keith, on the other hand, seems to always be cold lately. More than usual. So our tug of war with the temperature has become a battle of wits as to who can change the setting on the AC quicker. I turn on the fan, Keith turns it off. I fling off all the covers, Keith bundles up. I open the windows... you get the picture.

So, for now, I get to enjoy the cold air all by myself with no conflict. Keith can enjoy the 80 degree temperatures while I luxuriate in icy cold winds and falling leaves.

Jennifer's wedding has a winter theme -- so I guess I'll have to be satisfied with pretend snowflakes for my cold weather "fix." I wonder if I could get Keith to go to the ICE thing at Gaylord Palms before he has his surgery?

On a separate note -- Keith is one of the hardest people to buy a birthday gift for. So, for now, I am sending him my love and affection through this blog until we are together again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that even Keith is younger than me. Is EVERYBODY (But you. Ha.Ha.) younger than me? How did this happen?
Love you!
Joanna